Norma Rhinehart Price Award
A writing achievement award established to recognize that member whose work shows outstanding growth during the preceding year. A nominee must be a participating member of Mid Michigan Writers. All nominations must be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors no later than the last meeting in February, giving specific reasons why the candidate deserves the award. The Board of Directors will review the nominations and tally points (25) based on the following criteria:
1. Nominee participates consistently in both receiving and giving critique (5).
2. Nominee demonstrates ability to revise work and return for further critique (5).
3. Nominee has attended at least one group-sponsored, out-side work-shop, or conference during the year prior to nomination (5).
4. Nominee has accumulated a body of work*or had one or more works published within the year nominated (5).
5. Nominee is actively seeking markets (5).
*A body of work: 5-10 short stories or non-fiction work or combination, 25 poems, one novel or non-fiction book in at least first draft stage, or equivalent combination of work.
This award is established to recognize the member whose work for the good of Mid Michigan Writers goes beyond usual membership duties during the preceding calender year. A nominee must be a participating member of Mid Michigan Writers. All nominations must be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors no later than the last week of February, giving specific reasons why the candidate deserves the award and any other pertinent information that applies. the Board of Directors will review the nominations based on the following criteria:
1. Nominee has initiated or worked on activities outside group responsibilities.
2. Nominee has participated in outside workshops in MMW's name.
3. Nominee has written grants for MMW.
4. Nominee has offered critique for members outside of regular meetings.
5. Nominee has worked in the community to promote MMW.
This award has been established to honor those non-members of the community who go above and beyond in helping MMW further their mission. Karen Reasoner is the graphic designer who created our updated logo and brochure. She donated her time and efforts without compensation. The following criteria will be used by Directors to determine eligibility:
1. Receipient must be a non-member of the group.
2. They have donated their time, effort, expertise, and expense in helping us further our mission.